Join 3,317 other followers
- Happy Birthday Max Shadow!
- Bodily Able – A Reflection
- The Power of Forgetting
- Captain Maven and the Shadow Man: AVAILABLE NOW!
- The Many Ways of Mavenclad
- The Light Through the Trees
- Someone I Used to Know
- The Challenges I Overcome
- Relearning How to Live
- Captain Maven and the Shadow Man – Coming Soon!
- On the Shores of Acceptance
- The Maybe of Mavenclad
- Embracing the Changing Landscape
- A Star Upon the Waves
- Living My Best Life Two Steps at a Time
- One Day at A Time
- I’m On TV! Let’s Chat with Derick Fage
- Happy Birthday Little Yellow Magnet!
- On Becoming Aware
- On What You Can’t See
- On Forgetting Fear
- Visible Invisible
- Have Cane Will Travel
- Letting Go Of Fear
- Claiming My Shadow Self
Category Archives: Speech
I was asked to give a talk to the people I work with to celebrate the International Day of Person’s with Disabilities. These are the notes that I wrote. I planned to read them out loud, but ended up just … Continue reading
This is a piece that I was asked to write for today, the International Day of Person’s with Disabilities. It was published in a newsletter at work and while it was nerve wracking to put myself out there like that, … Continue reading
Multiple Sclerosis is a curious disease, just as Cerebral Palsy is a mysterious disability. Even after so many years of living with them, they always like to keep me guessing…mostly because I’m no longer sure which one does what. It … Continue reading
On December 30th, 2012, I woke up to find that my world as I knew it had changed. I woke not knowing how to move my body. It was no longer mine and I was no longer able to control … Continue reading
Tomorrow, on August 21st 2014, I will have had Multiple Sclerosis for one year. Of course, there’s some wiggle room in that. According to the doctors, I should have been diagnosed four years ago. My Cerebral Palsy helped to mask … Continue reading