Join 3,328 other subscribers
- The Deity of the Waves – Thoughts on Chemo and the River Within
- This Is My Journey
- Pushing Through
- Happy Birthday Max Shadow!
- Bodily Able – A Reflection
- The Power of Forgetting
- Captain Maven and the Shadow Man: AVAILABLE NOW!
- The Many Ways of Mavenclad
- The Light Through the Trees
- Someone I Used to Know
- The Challenges I Overcome
- Relearning How to Live
- Captain Maven and the Shadow Man – Coming Soon!
- On the Shores of Acceptance
- The Maybe of Mavenclad
- Embracing the Changing Landscape
- A Star Upon the Waves
- Living My Best Life Two Steps at a Time
- One Day at A Time
- I’m On TV! Let’s Chat with Derick Fage
- Happy Birthday Little Yellow Magnet!
- On Becoming Aware
- On What You Can’t See
- On Forgetting Fear
- Visible Invisible
Category Archives: Small Victories
I was asked to give a talk to the people I work with to celebrate the International Day of Person’s with Disabilities. These are the notes that I wrote. I planned to read them out loud, but ended up just … Continue reading
If having Multiple Sclerosis has taught me anything, it’s to try to embrace change, however much I dislike it. I had another MRI in April of this year, my first in a while. I finally had my MRI follow up … Continue reading
Six years ago, on August 21st, my life changed forever. Since January of 2013, I had been living in fear of what was inside of me. I had been living in fear of myself. After months of testing and study, … Continue reading
I had my neurologist appointment last week. After a quick catch up on how I was doing and how my symptoms were my neurologist took me through all the regular physical tests: touching my hands and my feet with a … Continue reading
On Saturday, I had the pleasure of appearing on a panel at CAN-CON: Conference on Canadian Content in Speculative Arts & Literature. The panel was titled Spooning with Spoonies. Its subject matter dealt with sexuality and disability and how both … Continue reading
I’ve been lucky enough to have a couple of milestones in the last week. On Friday, it was my two year anniversary of taking my Copaxone medication. I will admit that, at first, the thought of injecting myself every day … Continue reading